Please keep in mind that per the City Ordinance 1060.17 – Garbage and Rubbish Collection and Disposal – all residents must have trash service. Also City Ordinance 1010.07 – Joint Use of Containers – prohibits residents from sharing waste services.
WHO IS RUMPKE?
Rumpke is a family-owned waste and recycling company that has provided services to residents and businesses throughout the region for 87 years. Today, Rumpke ranks among the largest service providers in the country. More than 400 communities throughout Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, including Cincinnati and Columbus, rely on Rumpke for reliable weekly service.
RUMPKE SERVICE GUIDELINES
• All trash must be placed at the curb inside a Rumpke issued trash cart.
• Please do not place household hazardous waste such as batteries, paint, tires, pool chemicals, propane tanks, syringes and electronics in your trash or recycling. These items pose an immediate fire and safety hazard and potential long-term environmental hazards.
• Place refuse and recycling out the evening before your service day.
• Place your recycling loose inside the cart — DO NOT bag recyclables.
Each cost per service is valid from Dec. 2, 2023, to Dec. 1, 2024.
• Standard Cart Service: Residents receive a 96-gallon cart for trash and a 96-gallon cart for recycling. — $17.97 per month
• Low Volume Cart Service: Residents receive a 64-gallon cart for trash and a 64-gallon cart for recycling. — $16.11 per month
• Senior Cart Service: Only residents 55 and over can subscribe to this level of service. Age of residents will be verified by Rumpke Customer Service. This service provides a 35-gallon cart for trash and a 35-gallon cart for recycling. — $12.35 per month
Residents receiving Standard Cart Service that cannot fit all contents inside their carts may request additional trash carts for $5.50 per month, per cart and additional recycling carts for $5.00 per month, per cart.
• Place items inside the cart and close the lid.
• Face the opening toward the street (face handle away).
• Place cart within 3 ft. of the street and 3 ft. from objects.
• Residents interested in changing their level of service can do so one time per year at no charge.
• Please keep in mind that per the City Ordinance 1060.17 – Garbage and Rubbish Collection and Disposal – all residents must have trash service. Also, City Ordinance 1010.07 – Joint Use of Containers – prohibits residents from sharing waste services.
• Rumpke will collect bulk items such as appliances, mattresses, box springs, sofas, large furniture items, etc. weekly on your service day. Upholstered items including sofas and mattresses must be wrapped in a sealable plastic.
• Residents are permitted to place three bulk items each week at the curb.
• Appliances containing Freon require special handling. Freon removal is required prior to pick-up.
• Residents do not need to call ahead to schedule bulk pickup.